CATEGORIES: Your creation must fall into one of the following three categories:
1. Social Solar
Develop an application that promotes and interacts with potential or existing solar customers. The key aim of this challenge is to make solar more accessible and more convenient via social networks to a broad audience reflecting the demographics of the state and country.
2. Smart Buildings and Management Systems
Use technology to integrate solar systems with smart building solutions. The goal is to build applications that will interface with solar systems and interact seamlessly with generation, the grid, and storage.
3. Distributed Solar
Integrated solution that provides solar electricity to the 1.5 billion people around the world without access. The majority of whom have, or will soon have, smart phones. The goal is leap frog over dirty energy infrastructure and install microgrid systems.
For more details and ideas pertaining to each of the categories go to: http://sfuncube.com/hackathon/challenges/
- New Code: In the spirit of coming with better and more practical solutions, we have posted the problem briefs before hand this year. You can form your teams before hand, make logos, digital mockups etc. However, no coding can be done beforehand. Everyone will start coding at the same time and will have the same time frame to finish their codes.
- Code Review: Winning teams are subject to code review to make sure their code was all built during the hackathon.
- Team formation: Teams can have up to 7 members. Ideal team will consist of at least a designer, a UI developer and a business developer.
- Presentation: In addition to your creation, all teams must submit a 15 sec summary video and deliver a 2 minute presentation for judges and audience.
- Have fun! It's a solar hackathon!